NASHVILLE, Tenn., July 27, 2018 – iostudio has named Robert Weaver, Army Sergeant First Class (Ret.), as the company’s Department of Defense-certified Facility Security Officer (FSO).
Strengthening iostudio’s two decades of service to federal government clients, Weaver’s FSO certification helps ensure the company is compliant in process-driven facilities security measures.
Weaver took over the position from Brad Pray, who received mobilization orders for military service with the National Guard.
As FSO, Weaver demonstrates and maintains knowledge of the following Department of Defense (DoD) systems and protocols:
- Trusted Agent Sponsorship System (TASS)
- Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPASS)
- Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
- Army Recruiting Information Support System (ARISS)
- Navy Advertising and Leads Tracking System (NALTS)
- DoDI 5400.11-R, DoD Privacy Program, 14 May 2007
- National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
He also supervises, tracks and administers the following:
- Antiterrorism Awareness Training
- Threat Awareness and Reporting Training (TARP)
- iWATCH Training
- Combating Trafficking in Person (CBIT) Training
- DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge Training
- Sexual Harassment and Assault Response Prevention (SHARP) Training
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I
- Operational Security (OPSEC)
- Common Access Card (CAC) Processing
- Background Investigation Processing
To obtain his certification, Weaver applied more than 50 hours to highly specialized training through the Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE).
“The role of FSO adds an exciting ability to take on the complex task of interacting with secured government systems in a compliant way,” says Weaver. “Additionally, we are able to ensure our staff meet the needed security clearance criteria to interact with PII/PHI within those secured environments.”
Facility Security Officer is an additional duty for Weaver. As the Director of Customer Engagement, Weaver is responsible for iostudio’s contact center services, which currently provide program management, software engineering and staffing for the United States Navy, the United States Army National Guard and the Department of Defense.
Prior to iostudio, Weaver served 27 years in the U.S. Army and Army National Guard.